GRP Tank Maintenance & Cleaning Service
Water Tank Cleaning
We provide best water tank cleaning services in Dubai, UAE; and our tank cleaning teams are some of the most experienced in the UAE and routinely clean water tanks in hundreds of homes each week.
Dubai Municipality recommends that residential water tanks should be cleaned at least once per year. Our cleaning processes comply with Dubai Municipality standards and our one-time Water Tank Cleaning service includes:
Dislodging and Removing Residue
Disinfecting, Scrubbing and Pressure-washing All Tank Surfaces
Drying and Refilling Tank
Why Is Water Storage Tank Maintenance Important?
For facilities that invest in one, a water storage tank is a valuable asset that, much like other critical equipment, requires regular maintenance. Ensuring it is properly maintained offers a number of benefits, including:
- Longer service life. Regularly scheduled tank inspection and maintenance operations allow industry professionals to identify existing damage and potential sources of damage before they become significant issues. This, in turn, reduces the negative impact on the integrity of the tank.
- Better equipment performance. As issues are identified and eliminated, the system can output better performance.
- Higher water quality. Fixing issues within the water storage tank and connected system decreases the risk of contamination and other negative effects that can affect the quality of the water in potable water tanks.
- Lower repair and replacement costs. By catching issues—such as corrosion or coating delamination—before they become significant problems, the damage to equipment is mitigated, resulting in a smaller need for costly repairs and replacements.
Tanks require regular inspection, cleaning and maintenance to ensure they maintain their structural and sanitary integrity. While the regularity of inspection varies depending on a variety of factors—including location, operating conditions, and type employed—the organization, among other industrial companies and agencies, provides the following guidelines:
- Inspections should be performed every one, three, or five years (depending on the tank application). These operations include assessments of every system component, including the paint. As paint protects the steel tank components from corrosion, any defects in the painted surface can compromise the integrity of the steel and the quality of the water.
- Cleaning operations should occur if the system experiences any of the following:
- Recent water tank repairs or modifications
- Sediment or biological growth (e.g., coliform bacteria)
- Noticeable changes in water quality
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), storage tanks meet the definition of a “confined space.” In light of this designation, only qualified individuals with the proper protective gear and extraction equipment should enter the structures during inspection and maintenance operations.